Frequently Asked Wedding Questions

We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions as a resource. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call us or use the form on our contact page to email us.

click on the question to expand.

Please relax! Your wedding day is meant to be a happy one for you. It can be very stressful if you have to remember your vows. Your minister will prompt you with a few words at a time for your vows and ring exchanges.

Our chapels are totally decorated, so there is no need to spend money on extra flowers, bows, etc. If you feel you would like to add a small bouquet of flowers to the signing table that would be fine. If you are using the Unity Candle Service, those candles would be placed on the signing table.

Yes, you can write your own ceremony, if you wish. Let us know is you are planning to do so. We like to see it a few weeks before the wedding and ask that you give us a copy in booklet form for the minister to use on your wedding day. We can also suggest materials to use.

It is very important that you reserve the location for your wedding and reception. If you are planning a larger wedding, this is very important. Many restaurants and reception halls are booked up a year in advance. We can perform several weddings on a day, but the reception hall may only accommodate two receptions.

No they are not. They are symbols or tokens of the love that is to be shared between the two people being married. Most couples do have a double ring ceremony.

Unfortunately we do not have a change room for the bride and her attendants here at the city hall chapels. There is a family washroom and regular washrooms available for your use.

We require a $100.00 deposit for the Wedding Belle Chapel and Location Weddings. You may book over the phone and bring us your deposit within two (2) weeks. You can also give us your Visa number over the phone, if that is more convenient for you.

The length of the ceremony depends on your choice of ceremonies and the addition of readings, unity candle, music, etc. The average ceremony is 15-20 minutes long. This information is useful when you are planning your time of reception.

There is underground parking off of Young Street. The exit fee details can be found here. Also there is often parking available on the side streets (Duke and College). If you wish to pay for your guests’ parking, I suggest setting a dish of toonies at the exit of the chapel and invite your guests to take one…or…a little flower girl could stand at the exit and offer the toonies to guests as they leave.

No it is not. It is the document you will use to change your name on your driver’s license, OHIP card, SIN card and passport. If you live in the Kitchener area, we have a list of addresses and phone numbers of these offices. Your local clerk’s office can help you with information as well. Three months after the wedding you can apply for your legal marriage certificate. You must fill out the application when you get your marriage license and send along a small fee as well. This application is sent to the Office of the Registrar in Thunder Bay, ON

The bride should sign her name as it appears on the marriage license. Any time after that, she may sign with her husband’s name if she plans to take his surname.

The Kitchener City Hall Wedding Chapels are operated by Pat Fretwell and her company “Feelings from the Heart”. We enjoy a wonderful relationship with the clerk’s office on the second floor where marriage licenses are issued.


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


©2020Feelings from the Heart | Kitchener City Hall Wedding Chapel & Officiants

Web Solutions by Think Shovels

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar